10.6.06

A taste for Alitalia

Alitalia Airlines has a documented history for lack of respect for its customers.
Flight delays, lost luggage, unprofessional staff attitude, bullying tactics and illegal advertising practices.

But how did the proud national airline of Italy come to this?
Inreased competition, bad management?
Who knows and who cares? (although its probably more of the second)

And how do you clean up so much corruption, bad customer sentiment, staff training for some real values instead of the current status quo of lies, deceit and compliance to dirty business ethics (or lack of any ethics at all).

This is Alitalia ladies and gentleman. And this is why it sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I flew Alitalia in July 2006, leaving Munich to go to Rome. We were unvolentarily knocked off and were offered compensation. We were asked for our savings account number so that they could deposit our 500 euro. I neither carry that info with me nor would I give it out. We were told to collect in Rome. Rome had no money, we were told to collect in the states-got nowhere. When I got home I called, wrote a letter, sent all of the documets, got no where. Finally I e-mailed them and they said it would take 90 days. I recieved a letter that they wanted the original documents. I sent them. Still no reply. This is the worst customer service, if you want to call it service. I did take them to small claims court, cost me another $50.00 we won. But I'm sure we will never recieve anything. I'm in Ohio. Anyone know the CEO's
e-mail? I would love to contact him.
Thanks for letting me blow off steam. By the way I would not recommend this airline to anyone.
Gail

Anonymous said...

I'm flying Alitalia Air in Oct. 2007. You people have scared me half to death. Rome is the destination and then Sicily. Can't change airlines at this time, going with a tour..Any suggestions???